About Isenhower Cellars
The Isenhower wines are our highest level wines and are made in limited quantities. Vineyards are carefully selected and monitored by Brett Isenhower. The vineyards have an excellent reputation for producing quality wines every year. Brett checks and verifies many different metrics in the vineyards, fermentations, and resulting wine to achieve wines that have a lightness of touch and depth of character.
The Isenhower reds are aged in 100% French Oak barrels of varying coopers, forests, toasts, and size to match the grape variety and vineyard. Red Wines are aged for 16 to 22 months before bottling. The Roussanne and Viognier are aged in Acacia and French Oak puncheons for 8 to 11 months. The Pinot Gris Vin Gris is fermented and aged in neutral French Oak barrels for 4 months.
Currently we produce the following wines:
- Batchelor’s Button Cabernet Sauvignon: Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wallula Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from Wallula Vineyard.
- À Bloc Malbec: 100% Malbec from Champoux Vineyard and Olsen Ranch Vineyard.
- Jongleur Petit Verdot: 100% Petit Verdot from Dionysus Vineyard.
- Road Less Traveled Cabernet Franc: 100% Cabernet Franc.
- Rara Avis Grenache: Grenache with an occasional addition of Mourvèdre.
- Wallula Vineyard Mourvèdre: 100% Mourvèdre
- Wild Thyme Red Wine: Bordeaux style red of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon with smaller quantities of Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc.
- Children’s Reserve Cuvée: Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, and Cabernet Franc. Labels are artwork created by the Isenhower daughters.
- Barrel Fermented Roussanne: 100% Roussanne from Olsen Ranch Vineyard.
- Walla Walla Viognier: 100% Viognier from Francisca’s Vineyard.
- Vin Gris Pinot Gris: 100% Pinot Gris from Tudor Vineyard.
The Isenhower wines are sold at our Walla Walla winery and Woodinville tasting room with very limited availability in high-end restaurants, wine shops, and natural food markets.