Minimalist Winemaking is a philosophy of only light intervention in the natural process of winemaking. This style of winemaking produces wines with a lightness of touch and a depth of character. Every bottle is age worthy, fresh, and interesting.
Our grapes are primarily picked by hand. However, we are experimenting with a Pellenc mechanical harvester at a couple vineyards. At harvest we seek to emphasize bright acidity, tension, and a lower extraction of tannins through lower fermentation temperatures and addition of whole clusters into the fermentation vessel.
We have long-term acre contracts with the following vineyards:
- Columbia Valley – Dionysus Vineyard (Petit Verdot)
- Horse Heaven Hills – Champoux Vineyard (Malbec), Wallula Vineyard (Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Mourvèdre), Phinney Hill (Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec)
- Walla Walla - Blue Mountain Vineyard (Sangiovese, Viognier), Francisca’s Vineyard (Viognier), Seven Hills Vineyard (Sangiovese)
- Yakima Valley- Dineen Vineyard (Cabernet Franc, Viognier), Lonesome Springs (Barbera), Olsen Ranch (Syrah, Viognier), Tudor Vineyard (Pinot Gris, Viognier, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah), RKP (Sangiovese, Merlot, Mourvèdre), Konnowac Vineyards (Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese).
- Oregon – Le Cadeau Vineyard (Pinot Noir)
- Red Mountain – Shaw Vineyards (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Wahluke Slope – Weinbau Vineyard (Cabernet Sauvignon)
Unifying these vineyards are experienced grape growers farming high elevation vineyard sites with either old vines or new experimental vine clones.